Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oyamel with the babe


Here's Nana with the babe while mom stuffs her face with flambeed cheese.

Geez...ever since Michelle Obama became infatuated with this place it's been impossible to get a table at Oyamel. Even at lunch on a Tuesday. I said some whiny thing about this and they smiled and found us a table. Basically so I could get my tequila flambeed Chihuahua cheese fix. They seem to like babies here, and the food is fantastic, fun, and exactly what you want it to be because of the small plates concept. Besides the cheesy-goodness we enjoyed the gazpacho salad of fruits, radishes and queso fresco which was nicely balanced with tart orange juice as a dressing, and my father enjoyed the grasshopper taco. Perhaps just to say he had eaten it, or perhaps it was actually good. We'll never really know.

Good for baby? Sure, it's a happening place, small plates, fun things to look at. Not a romper room, but nothing so austere they wouldn't want children around. I'm sure we will be back many times as it is one of our regular pit stops.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I will definitely be referring to it after I have my baby (I'm due in a month).

    ReplyDelete